The entries in this list that are highlighted in red are my fears. They are the things that I almost wouldn’t do because the thought of them makes me feel paralysed, but I’ve included them on my list because I’m all about living life, you know?
You’ll find that there are two separate lists below. The first is a general bucket list: things that can be done anywhere, at any time. The second list is country-specific: tailored for my wanderlust!
1. Become fluent in German.
2. Write a book.
Watch a ballet (Swan Lake 20.04.14)
4. Witness a flash mob.
5. Sky dive.
6. Attend a Patrick Holford talk.
7. Shoot a gun/ go to a shooting range.
8. Study abroad.
9. Dance on a bar.
10. Travel first class on a plane.
11. Run fancy dress for charity.
12. Go white river rafting.
13. Drive a sports car.
14. Drive through a tollbooth and pay for the person behind me.
15. Send mass Christmas cards.
16. Stomp grapes on a wine farm.
17. Volunteer for a hypnotist show.
18. Own my own business.
Quad bike among dunes (for my sister’s 18th birthday, 2014).
20. Go to a masquerade dance.
21. Ride an elephant.
22. Ride a camel.
23. Go on a retreat.
24. Take a homeless person to a sit-down meal.
25. Go Kloofing (it’s the cliff-diving I have a problem with)
26. Ride an ostrich.
27. Drink milk straight from a coconut.
28. Get naked on a nudist beach.
29. Go on a Contiki tour.
30. Host a cocktail party.
31. Do a photography course.
32. Do a nutrition course.
Grow my own vegetables and herbs (I am currently doing so. I’ve planted spinach, kale, cherry tomatoes and a range of chillies! I started October 2014).
Sit in natural hot springs. (November, 2014. Zambia)
Kayak through caves (Greece, August/September 2014.)
36. Take a class (or few) in Krav Maga.
37. Send my mom flowers out of the blue.
38. Deep-sea dive (claustrophobia and the deep, dark ocean with miles of unknown beneath you)
39. Hold a snake.
40. Effortlessly hold a handstand against a wall.
41. Do a free-standing handstand.
42. Do a cartwheel.
43. Perform double-unders perfectly (currently able to do about two in a row).
44. Conquer rollerblading.
1. Road trip to the coasts of Southern Africa
2. Go to Afrikaburn
3. Visit the Deadvlei in Namibia.
4. Go to the Underwater Waterfall in Mauritius.
5. Visit Lake Natron in Tanzania.
6. Visit the Eye of Africa in Mauritania.
1. Go to Holi Festival in India
2. Float in the Dead Sea
3. The Great Wall of China
4. Visit Tianzi Mountain in China.
5. Visit the Reed Flute Caves in China.
6. Visit the Sea of Stars on Vaadhoo Island in the Maldives.
7. Visit the Turquoise Ice of Lake Baikal in Russia.
8. Visit Socotra in Yemen.
9. Visit the Zhangye Danxia Landform in Gansu, China.
10. Visit the Tunnel of Love in Klevan, Ukraine.
11. Visit the Yuanyang County in China.
12. Visit Aogashima in Japan.
1. Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef
2. Hug a Koala Bear
3. Visit the Glowworm Caves in Waitomo, New Zealand.
4. Visit Lake Hillier in Australia.
1. Spend a St. Patricks Day in Ireland
2. Take a picture with a Buckingham Palace Guard
3. Watch a game of football in England.
4. Watch the national German football team play on home soil.
5. Do a pub crawl in London in the winter
6. Visit Auschwitz
7. Add a lock to the Love Lock Bridge in Paris
8. Witness the Northern Lights.
9. Visit the Sentinels of the Arctic, Finland.
10. Visit the Bigar Waterfall in Romania.
11. Visit the Pamukkale Hot Springs in Turkey.
12. Visit the Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland.
13. Visit in Fingal’s Cave in Scotland.
14. Visit the Plitvice Lakes of Croatia.
1. Go to the Crossfit Games (attend as a spectator, not compete in!)
2. Watch a play on Broadway.
3. Go restaurant-hopping in NYC.
4. Eat at Hu Kitchen in NYC.
5. Visit the Skaftafell Ice Cave in Iceland.
6. Visit the Antelope Canyon in Arizona.
7. Visit the Grand Prismatic Hot Spring in Wyoming.
8. Visit the Fly Geyser in Nevada.
9. Visit the Highlands of Iceland.
1. Visit Salar De Uyuni, Bolivia.
2. Visit the Caño Cristales River in Colombia.
3. Visit the Patagonia Marble Caves in Chile.
4. Mount Roraima.
5. Visit the Underwater River in Cenote Angelita, Mexico.
6. Visit the Naica Mine in Mexico.
7. Visit the Hidden Beach in Mexico.